X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Ask the Experts"

What is the limiting factor in building a scope with 140 moa or more elevation? I know Leupold has been building the 30 mm tube Mark 4 16x w/140moa for several years. I assume they got by with it because it is a fixed power. I have your new ATACR w MOAR reticle ready for my .375 Cheytac when it gets here..I have two other NSX 22x om my .260 AR10 and 6.5 Grendel..love them. Thanks Ed

Originally posted by rem338um View Post
    What is the limiting factor in building a scope with 140 moa or more elevation? I know Leupold has been building the 30 mm tube Mark 4 16x w/140moa for several years. I assume they got by with it because it is a fixed power. I have your new ATACR w MOAR reticle ready for my .375 Cheytac when it gets here..I have two other NSX 22x om my .260 AR10 and 6.5 Grendel..love them. Thanks Ed
    Ed,

Thank you for the continued support of Nightforce!

To answer your question, there are many factors that affect the available travel within a riflescope. Tube diameter, magnification, reliability and repeatability are all factors that come into play. With the 16x that you mentioned being a fixed power, it does allow more travel as there are much simpler optics within.

For Nightforce, we always try to push the available limits of a design in regards to travel, but only to where they are reliable and repeatable. You should find that the ATACR has 120 MOA of internal elevation travel, while being a 5-25x variable optic. It'll be a very nice choice on your .375 Cheytac.

Sean

Comment

When will you have scope caps for your scopes? Like the flip up kind Leupold has.

Comment

Working...
      X